BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The city of Birmingham will host a supply drive for Hurricane Laura victims at the Boutwell Auditorium this week.
From Wednesday, September 2, to Friday, September 4, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., the city will accept donations.
Items that will be accepted include: bottled water, paper towels, toilet paper, flashlights and batteries, canned goods, diapers and baby wipes, baby food, comfort foods, first aid kits, paper plates, plastic cutlery kits, non-electronic can openers, electrical tape, paper, pencils, whistles, aluminum foil, hand sanitizer, wipes, cloth masks, laundry detergent, chlorine bleach, heavy duty garbage bags, feminine hygiene products, work gloves, cold packs, scissors, and other items of the like.
Christian Service Mission will transport the donations to Louisiana, which was hit hard by Hurricane Laura last week.
- Jackson County town getting grant to help fix dirty-looking water supply
- Live: Biden delivers remarks as Colonial Pipeline slowly restarts, fuel prices remain high
- Gas issues impacting truck drivers’ workflow
- Alabama OKs Pfizer vaccine for ages 12 and older
- Newsfeed Now: Colonial Pipeline resumes operations; Woman partially paralyzed after COVID vaccine reaction walks again