BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue crews are investigating a fire at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church Sunday afternoon.
Around 2:16 p.m. crews responded to call of a fire at the church. They arrived upon seeing heavy smoke. They are now putting out any hot spots, Birmingham Fire officials say.
At this time, authorities are investigating to find the cause of the fire. It’s not clear if the fire was started by a lightning strike. There was no one was in the building at the time of the fire.
Check back for more updates.
- Mayor of Madison takes on opponent as election nears
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- Publix to anchor Hays Farm Development
- New library and Alabama’s largest splash pad coming to Russellville