ATLANTA (AP) — The mayor of Atlanta, Keisha Lance Bottoms, announced she has recently tested positive for COVID-19 Monday afternoon.
The mayor tweeted, “COVID-19 has literally hit home. I have had NO symptoms and have tested positive.”
So far in the state of Georgia, 97,064 people have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to the Georgia Department of Public Health.
- Dolly Parton voices support for Black Lives Matter movement
- Prosecutors dispute Jeffrey Epstein’s ex-girlfriend’s claims
- 5-year-old shot, killed in front yard remembered by community; 25-year-old charged
- R. Kelly’s manager charged with making threatening call to theater showing ‘Surviving R. Kelly’
- Roanoke woman celebrates her 106th birthday Thursday with more than 2,600 birthday, greeting cards