ATHENS, Ala. – Athens Main Street is encouraging families to get the summer started with local shopping, food, and concerts.
Fridays After Five provides ample opportunities for locals and tourists alike to dine, shop, and enjoy entertainment in Downtown Athens.
On select Fridays through August, local businesses will remain open until 8 p.m.
Each Fridays After Five is themed, and this Friday, May 24, is centered around food.
Rita’s Italian Ice and A Thyme for All Seasons Cajun will bring their food trucks, with others stopping by the event as well.
The Kid’s Booth has expanded to multiple locations, with opportunities for the youngsters to make crafts related to food.
The event will once again coincide with the Summer Concert Series, hosted by Athens-Limestone County Tourism.
Trippin’ Dixie, a band from Huntsville, will rock the square from 7-9 p.m. on Friday.
Vendors participating include:
- Bennett’s Clothing: Drawing for $25 Bennett’s Gift card with purchase
- CEI Bookstore: $5 Friday deals (selected books and items) and 25% storewide after 5
- Crawford’s Gifts: $10 off any Lizzy James necklace/bracelet and 10% of boutique clothes
- Epiphany’s: 20% off storewide
- Lucia’s: $4.99 Margaritas
- Pulse Boutique: 20% off boutique items, 10% off medical uniforms
- Rita’s Ice: Italian ice and custard
- Terranova’s: Drawing for $25 gift card
- TH Food Services: “A Thyme for all Seasons” all things Cajun
- Trinity’s: all food items will be 20% off during Fridays After Five
- UG White: Buy one pound of chocolate, get the ¼ lb. free
For more information on future events, visit the Fridays After Five Facebook page.