ATHENS, Ala. – Athens Utilities has resumed service disconnects for failure to pay utility bills.
Disconnects were initially suspended in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and extended several times, with the most recent extension going until August 2.
That means customers will be responsible for their bills, including past due amounts, beginning August 3.
Payments can be made several ways:
- In-person at 508 South Jefferson Street
- In the drive-thru lane at 508 South Jefferson Street from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- By mail to City of Athens Utilities, P.O. Box 830200, Birmingham, AL 35283-0200
- In the night drop at 508 South Jefferson Street
- By phone at (855) 760-0921 (there is a fee)
- Pay by bank draft – forms can be found on the City of Athens website
- By calling customer service at (256) 233-8750
- By emailing email@example.com.
Anyone with questions about a bill or the status of their payment can contact customer service at (256) 233-8750.
Those needing assistance with paying their bill should call the Alabama Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. Limestone County requests are handled through the Huntsville office at (256) 851-9800.