LIMESTONE COUNTY, Ala. – The Athens-Limestone County Recycling center is working to keep up with accepting items while short staffed.
According to the center, residents not following guidelines and they are creating a strain on work. The Athens-Limestone County Recycling Center wants to be clear on what you CAN and CANNOT drop off.
They ask residents to pre-sort items before bringing items to the recycling center for drop off.
Materials Currently Accepted:
- CARDBOARD – must be empty and broken down.
- ALUMINUM cans and other aluminum items
- METAL cans and other metal items
- GLASS BOTTLES AND JARS ONLY
- Ceramics, dishes, plate glass, etc.
They ask you to remove all items from plastic bags and to take the bags when you leave.
The recycling center will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and according to the center, there will be no drop off exceptions.