HALE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Seven people were injured at a shooting early Sunday morning in the Jerusalem community.
Around 1 a.m., authorities responded to reports of a shooting at a large party in a field at Jerusalem Settlement on County Road 21 between Sawyerville and Akron Law enforcement found seven people injured by gunfire, according to the Hale County EMA Director Russell Weeden. One of the victims suffered a gunshot wound in the face, District Attorney Michael Jackson reports.
Law enforcement officials learned that an argument ensued between two men, which resulted in the shooting that injured over half of a dozen people.
Six of the victims were transported to Hale County Hospital and one victim was taken by a personal vehicle to DCH Medical Center in Tuscaloosa.
This is an ongoing investigation by the Hale County Sheriff’s Office.
- Fourth of July weekend looking hot, occasionally stormy
- Someone at Huntsville High’s graduation tested positive for COVID-19
- Boat catches fire on Smith Lake boat ramp
- Alabama State Games will go on in south Alabama, despite COVID-19
- Redskins to have ‘thorough review’ of name amid race debate