BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A private plane had to make an emergency landing near Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport Wednesday afternoon, according to the Birmingham Airport Authority.
An Alert III call was issued just after 4:30 p.m. The pilot reported a loss of power but was able to safely land on a hill near Runway Drive and Eastlake Boulevard.
No injuries have been reported at this time. Both runways at the airport are still open and flights have not been impacted.
- Bikers gather in Panama City Beach to honor memory of Sergeant Kevin Kight
- Boat parade celebrating President Trump, law enforcement held on Wilson Lake Sunday
- Zeta to bring strong winds, heavy rain to Gulf Coast and North Alabama this week
- Beware of Medicare and ACA Cons During Open Enrollment
- Preparing Your Home for Colder Weather Ahead