TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Nick Saban released a statement Sunday evening regarding his thoughts on the recent deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
“I am shocked and angered by the tragic deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery,” Saban wrote. “We’re at an important moment for our country, and now is the time for us to choose kindness, tolerance, understanding, empathy, and most importantly … it’s time to love each other. Every life is precious, and we must understand we have so many more things that unite us than divide us.”
Saban goes on to say how he has always found inspiration through Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, and others who “devoted their lives to finding peaceful ways to rid our society of social inequities.” You can read his full statement below.
- Alabama Department of Corrections releases COVID-19 case dashboard, reports additional positive cases
- WATCH LIVE: Sen. Doug Jones, special guest Dr. Fauci to provide COVID-19 crisis updates
- FDA adds to list of hand sanitizers to avoid, making it 14 total
- 6-year-old Arkansas girl jumps into action saving family in UTV accident
- ‘My buddy Jeff needs a kidney’; Colorado man searches for kidney donor for himself with help from his pup