Natural gas explosion causes house fire in Jefferson County on Halloween, 2 injured

Alabama News

FULTONDALE, Ala. (WIAT) — A natural gas explosion caused a significant house fire in Fultondale Sunday evening and injured two people.

The explosion occurred in the 1600 block of Elkwood Drive and was witnessed by trick or treaters participating in the Halloween tradition.

Chief Justin McKenzie with the Fultondale Fire Department says that they are working the scene to extinguish the fire. A bystander and firefighter both suffered minor injuries.

(Video courtesy of Dekearia Beck, Raven Beckham and Kayla Woodson)

The video above shows the moment of the explosion.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.