MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The two officers involved in the death of Jawan Dallas, 36, who died after being tased twice by Mobile Police, are off the hook after a Mobile County Grand Jury decided they are not criminally liable.

With the decision came a lineup of new details about the case that had previously been kept under wraps due to the investigation. Some of that information pointed to the fact that Dallas did not die from a taser.

The toxicology report showed that Dallas had multiple drugs in his system at the time of his death, one of which was mojo, a synthetic cannabis that he took directly before the incident.

The drugs in Dallas’ system contributed to a medical complication that Mobile County District Attorney Kieth Blackwood said led to his death.

Blackwood said Dallas’ physical struggle with police could have been a catalyst for his medical complication.

“Prior to contact with police, an eyewitness, an associate of Mr. Dallas, told authorities that Mr. Dallas was already exhibiting signs of these underlying medical conditions,” Blackwood said.

Dallas died shortly after a confrontation with MPD at the Plantation Mobile Home Park in Theodore on July 2. Police were called to the scene to investigate a reported burglary in progress.

“I don’t have any information that he was involved in any kind of burglary,” Blackwood said.

Blackwood said his office interviewed an eyewitness who was with Dallas when police arrived. The witness told authorities that she and Dallas had been selling drugs before the incident. When police arrived, the witness told authorities, she hid under a trailer and described what she saw and heard during the duration of the confrontation.

Blackwood didn’t give any more information in her testimony.

“He was with people that had been trespassing on property,” Blackwood said.

The Dallas family has been fighting the City of Mobile to see the body camera footage for months. However, the city claimed that because of the Grand Jury Secrecy Act, the family could not view the footage until after a grand jury had decided. However, with the investigation finalized, the family has the opportunity to view it.

Robert Lasky, the Executive Director of Public Safety for the City of Mobile, is the person who will show the family the footage.

“Now my job begins,” Lasky said. “I think my first obligation of duty is to the Dallas family, to show them the body camera, to go through the autopsy report and to answer as many questions that I possibly can in order to give them closure.”

Lasky and Blackwood have contacted the family. A city spokesperson said the family plans to view the body camera footage sometime next week with their attorney present.

The city announced both officers involved in Dallas’ death were released back into the field at the end of October.

WKRG News 5 reached out to the Dallas family for comment and did not get a response.