CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WIAT) — Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey will appear in a video that will play at the Republican National Convention in Charlotte next week but will not physically attend the event, according to Alabama GOP Chairwoman Terry Lathan.
Each state is allowed to send six delegates to Charlotte. The six members attending for the state include the state GOP Chair, the state RNC National Committeeman and Committeewoman, the state delegation Chair, and the two members for the Credentials Committee.
Lathan says the governor will appear in a video that “introduces our state” at the convention. The RNC runs from Aug. 24-27.
- Huntsville City Council passes 2021 budget
- U.S. Attorney issues letter regarding mail-in ballots investigation
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- Louisville officer shooting suspect will face charges of assault, wanton endangerment