LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Former Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard has turned himself in to the Lee County Jail to begin a four-year prison sentence.
This comes after Hubbard’s appeal to the Alabama Supreme Court was denied back in August. Hubbard is accused of violating ethics violations during his time as Speaker of the House. He was found guilty on 12 counts back in 2016.
Hubbard served in the Alabama House of Representatives from 1998 until his conviction in 2016.
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Relief phone lines crash, funeral homes expect heavy interest from families
- Will Smith’s film production leaves Georgia over voting laws
- City of Florence receives $828,300 Emergency Solutions Grant to assist organizations
- Foundation working to breathe new life into WW1-era school building in Sheffield