BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a suspicious package that was found near UAB’s Bevill Biomedical Research Building and the Birmingham VA Medical Center.
According to Sgt. Rodarius Mauldin, the BPD received a call from UAB police at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday about a suspicious package. There is now an active scene at the corner of 19th Street and University Boulevard.
Mauldin said the BPD didn’t receive any bomb threats Wednesday.
This is a developing story. More information will be published as it becomes available.
- The Orionids peak Tuesday night!
- Ohio felon accused of using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart
- Rush Limbaugh tells listeners he’s facing ‘death sentence’ from cancer fight
- Two weeks away: These are the key dates heading to Election Day
- 14 days out: Does the early voting surge translate into support for Trump or Biden?