MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Alabama governor Kay Ivey has shared her thoughts and prayers with President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump following the President’s announcement of their positive coronavirus tests early Friday morning.
Senator Doug Jones (D) wished the President and first lady well this morning.
Alabama Lt. Gov. Will Ainsworth also tweeted about the president and first lady’s diagnoses, encouraging people to join him in prayer for their “quick recovery.”
As of 10:15 a.m., Alabama senator Richard Shelby (R) had not tweeted on the matter.
Vice President Mike Pence and his wife have tested negative for the coronavirus. Democratic presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden will reportedly be tested sometime today. In a tweet, Biden said he and his wife Jill were praying for the Trumps’ “swift recovery.”
- Local farm hoping to host year round events
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Florida country club
- Madison City Schools short-staffed in transportation department, needs 8 bus drivers
- President Biden voices support for union organization in Alabama
- Small business that went from a living room to a storefront