BLOUNT COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Blount County Schools has confirmed to CBS 42 that 66 students are quarantining after being possibly exposed to COVID-19.
Blount County Schools Superintendent Rodney Green says that 66 students at Southeastern School in Remlap have been sent home as a precaution.
While none of the students have tested positive, some have shown symptoms and anyone who may have been within six feet of them have been sent home to quarantine.
Green says there are 500 students still at the school and are “healthy and doing well.”
Teachers are cleaning the school rooms and are being cautious at this time, according to Green.
- Flanigan scores 23, leads Auburn past No. 25 Tennessee 77-72
- No. 6 Alabama holds off Mississippi State 64-59 to win SEC
- Warm and muggy Sunday morning, heavy rain and storms arrive Sunday night
- Virginia lawmakers vote to legalize marijuana in 2024
- New assistant commissioner announced by Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs