HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – The National Merit Scholarship winners have been announced and some of those outstanding students are right here in north Alabama.
The 2,500 Merit Scholar Winners were chosen from a pool of more than 15,000 finalists.
Each winner was chosen to have the strongest combination of accomplishments, skills, and potential success in rigorous college studies.
Each student was was awarded $2,500.
Those students in north Alabama include students from Athens, Decatur, Huntsville, Madison, Owens Cross Roads, and New Market.
Merit Scholars –
- Arthur K. Carmack from Huntsville
- Ella Burch from Owens Cross Roads
- Emily E. Cowart from Huntsville
- Ethan Wan from Madison
- Evan P. Krohn from Madison
- Calvin L. Engstrom from Madison
- Charles N. Pride from Decatur
- Chase R. Guida from Owens Cross Roads
- David C. Ferguson from New Market
- Lawrence Zhang from Madison
- Luke D. Farris from Athens
- Matthew A. Freestone from Madison
- Patrick D. Gamble from Huntsville