MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall has announced that former State Senator David Burkette has been arrested for violating the state’s Fair Campaign Practices Act.
According to Marshall, Burkette, while running for the Montgomery City Council in 2015 and 2016, deposited $3,625 in campaign donations into his personal bank account.
If convicted, Burkette faces up to a year in prison and a fine not exceeding $6,000.
The case is now being looked at AG Marshall’s Special Prosecutions Division. No other information has been released at this time.
- Madison Police searching for man who allegedly robbed nail salon
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- American Red Cross encourages more people to donate to help those fighting COVID-19 and blood diseases
- Rocket City Trash Pandas hosting college football kickoff party