BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — This Halloween, a 9-year-old girl is planning to go as Alabama’s governor.
On Tuesday, Missy Carter shared a photo on Twitter of her niece, Cate McGriff, dressed up as Gov. Kay Ivey. McGriff, who lives in Rainbow City and attends John S. Jones Elementary, was dressed in a red power suit seen frequently on Ivey, as well as the governor’s trademark short hair and glasses.
“@GovernorKayIvey my adorable niece is your mini-me for her school costume party,” Carter wrote in her post.
It did not take long for Ivey to give her seal of approval.
“Nailed it…to a T,” Ivey responded on Twitter. “I know she will be successful. #WarEagle”
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- AEA: Students are using doctors notes to get out of quarantine
- Man arrested for arson attempt at Walker County courthouse
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020
- Anonymous donor to match all Salvation Army red kettle donations in the Shoals Saturday