HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Officials are investigating a structure fire on Glasgow Road.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue were called to a house fire Wednesday just after midnight. When officials arrived, they say the house was fully engulfed with flames coming through the roof.
Officials say the fire spread to a home next door but they were able to put it out.
Crews extinguished the flames in both houses and a nearby shed by 2:31 a.m., according to the report.
According to officials, no one was in either of the homes and no one was injured.
Officials say the house is expected to be a loss but the house next door only received damage on the exterior.
Captain Frank McKenzie with Huntsville Fire & Rescue says with the extent of damage, it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause behind the fire.
“If you go to the back of the house, there’s no roof, all the studs are completely charred and burned,” says McKenzie. “Part of the floor has fallen in, all the wiring is burned up, all the contents are burned up. They’re going to have to shift through all that debris, they’re going to have to look through it. You’re looking for a needle in a haystack.”
— Vincent Webb (@vince_webb) August 14, 2019