BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 17-year-old is in serious condition after they were hit by a car on Center Point Parkway Thursday evening.
According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, an off-duty Birmingham police officer was traveling home on Center Point Parkway in his personal vehicle when the 17-year-old pedestrian attempted to cross the street.
The teen was hit by the vehicle. JCSO says they ran in front of the officer’s car and was wearing dark-colored clothing.
The juvenile was taken to Children’s Hospital for treatment. The officer is said to be cooperating with the investigation.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Center Point Parkway and 13th Avenue NE around 6:30 p.m.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Travelers take to skies, ignoring CDC warnings on eve of Thanksgiving
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- AEA: Students are using doctors notes to get out of quarantine
- Man arrested for arson attempt at Walker County courthouse
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020