15 Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Scare at Hoover Resort


Photo: MGN Online

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HOOVER, Alabama – Fifteen guests at Ross Bridge Golf and Resort have been hospitalized with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Read more from our news partner at al.com.

The guests, both children and adults, were transported to UAB Hospital, Brookwood Medical Center and Baptist Medical Center Princeton, said Hoover fire Lt. Rusty Lowe. All were experiencing varying levels of flu-like symptoms, ranging from headaches to nausea.

Rescue workers were called to the Hoover resort about 6:30 a.m. on a report of an unconscious woman. When they arrived, the woman had regained consciousness but authorities noticed several other family members also were getting sick.

Firefighters used carbon monoxide testing equipment and quickly discovered elevated carbon monoxide levels on floors five and six.  Those floors were quickly evacuated.

Authorities discovered a leak in the heater ventilation ducts, causing exhaust to be vented into the resort instead of the roof.

Lowe said there were no carbon monoxide detectors in the resort, as they are not required to install them.

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News