11-month-old injured in early morning Tuscaloosa fire, found in bedroom crib


Image courtesy of MGN Online

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – According to our news partners at AL.com , a fire in Tuscaloosa this morning damaged multiple units and left an infant injured.

According to Fire Marshal Gene Holcomb, the fire happened at Hodo Haven Apartments on 6th avenue.

At least four units are damaged extensively.

Holcomb says the fire started from unattended cooking.

An 11-month-old infant was rescued by firefighters from a bedroom crib.

The baby was taken to DCH Regional Medical Center, and then airlifted to Children’s Hospital in Birmingham.

No one else was hurt.

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News