Skilled Nursing Home Administrator
Employee Type :
Healthcare – Health Services
Manages Others :
Job Type :
At least 1 year(s)
Post Date :
Summary: The purpose of this position is to establish and direct the facility’s overall day-to day operation, both internal and external, and coordinate these operations in accordance with current existing federal, state and local standards, as well as in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility to maximize high standards of care to residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Select and hire appropriate personnel to supervise activities of all departments.
* Determine staffing needs of the facility; manage recruitment, and hiring of staff.
* Conduct in-service and supervisory training meetings.
* Review job descriptions and update as needed.
* Meet with personnel as required and scheduled to assist in identifying and correcting issues, and/or the improvement of services.
* Monitor the financial status of facility and maintain an efficient accounting system.
* Comply with budget requirements to maintain effective cost of facility operation.
* Review physical plant and direct repairs/new construction programs within the financial structure of the facility and/or corporation.
* Authorize purchases of major equipment and supplies for the facility.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Relevant Experience: Six (6) months experience in a hospital, long term care facility or other health care facility.
Licenses/Certifications: Current Tennessee Nursing Home Administrator license.
Ability to read and interpret financial records and reports.
Knowledge of reimbursement regulations and nursing practices and procedures.
Click here to apply.