Sequel Youth and Family Services
Company: Sequel Youth and Family Services
Required Education: Graduate Degree
Job Type: Health Care – Nonprofit – Social Services – Management
Required Experience: At least 3 year(s)
Base Pay: N/A
Required Travel: Not Specified
Employee Type: Full-Time
Manages Others: Yes
Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Industry: Healthcare – Health Services – Social Services
Reference ID: Madison
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth?
Do you want a supportive work environment?
Do you want to lead a group of adolescents to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Sequel Youth and Family Services of Madison is a medium risk secure facility operated exclusively for Alabama DHR/DYS. It provides comprehensive, challenging, and safe services for adolescent males ages 12 to 18. SYFS of Madison focuses on maladaptive behaviors and provides rehabilitative services including cognitive behavioral therapy through individual, group, and family counseling. The program utilizes a highly effective therapeutic adventure programming as well as Positive Peer Culture (PPC) therapy to emphasize values and team building.
The Program Director plans and facilitates clinical services through the educational, clinical/family, nursing, and student supervision leadership. A visible and hands-on manager, the Director builds consensus, addresses opportunities for performance improvement, and recruits/leads key program personnel. The Director interprets, understands, and ensures compliance with regulatory and service delivery requirements.
Job Duties Include:
* Supervises department heads. Indirectly supervises all staff of educational, clinical/family, nursing, and direct care departments.
* Develops and monitors activities and functions (i.e. Family Day, Outings, and Positive Peer Culture) of the school to insure high quality of services.
* Consults with and advises the Executive Director on problems relating to program operations.
* Recommends and initiates changes in policies/procedures to carry out objectives of the program more effectively.
* Assists in the administration and coordination of program activities.
* Reviews program activities and makes recommendations for changes in better utilization of buildings, services, staff, etc.
* Interprets program policies, objectives and operational procedures to department heads and other staff as designated by the Executive Director.
* Resolves problems with utilization of staff and equipment.
* Assumes responsibility for student records meeting all applicable standards.
* Acts as leader of multi-disciplinary team, foster team cohesion to enable active and viable team functioning.
* Oversees Medicaid systems to ensure that standards are followed.
* Participates in and attends staff conferences, committees, etc. to evaluate and plan program services.
* Reviews management of cases, assignments, case problems, issues, and methods of service.
* Responsible for developing monthly schedules and serving in the “Administrator On Call” rotation.
* Oversees the child abuse/neglect, investigation of student complaints, and the students’ grievance process.
* Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in a counseling, Psychology, Social work or closely related clinical field.
* Appropriate licensure is desirable, but not required.
* A minimum of three years experience in the management and supervision of staff with progression of responsibility in prior positions.
* Prior experience in a facility which meets licensing or accreditation standards.
* Previous experience with adolescents ages twelve to eighteen.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days.
* Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
* Company provided AD&D insurance
* Flexible Spending program
* 401K after sixty days.
* 6 paid holidays.
* 18 days personal leave accrual within first year.
Click here to apply.
WHNT News 19 posts jobs, but we do not check with companies to see when these are closed. Please check with the company before you apply to find out if listing is still valid.