The Software Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for working with the team members and customer stakeholders to prepare and deploy application software releases. Activities will include creating test cases from requirements, creating test scripts and performing system testing, evaluating and troubleshooting problem reports, and providing user support. The Analyst will report to a Senior Analyst or Project Manager and may work on multiple phases of the System Development Lifecycle simultaneously.
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Quality/Requirements Management-Identify root cause of quality issues and execution of product quality improvements through preventive or corrective actions. Develop/maintain the program quality plan to include compliances with CMMI, ISO and DIACAP processes. SW Test Lead Prepare and implement the SW testing plan (to include both manual and automated testing processes). Develop test cases. Work with developers to outline conditions of acceptance for software development task (SCRUM test cases). Ensure requirements are fulfilled as written. Provide testing estimates to sprint timelines. Track and report testing activities including: test results, defects found and other issues. Drive quality into software development activities and ensure that new software releases meet customer and standards requirements.
- Configuration Management-Prepare, implement and maintain the program Configuration Management (CM) Plan. Identify and maintain integrity of Configuration Items, execute release and delivery activities, administer repositories (s/w, h/w, documentation) and ensure compliance of all processes.
– Work with project leadership, government IT management or customer stakeholders to identify and document business and technical requirements.
– Assist Application Developers and other team members to identify to create screen mock-ups and prototypes.
– Create, update and execute test plans, scripts, and scenarios for system and end user testing.
– Update project schedules for tracking and reporting on task status.
– Create, update and maintain all software related help files and user manuals.
– Responsible for identifying and submitting new feature and defect work items for software release planning
– Participate in Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.Additional Requirements:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience required. Ten (10) years direct related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
– Ability to successfully complete the Stanley Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
– Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
– Experience with test driven development. (Ex. SCRUM)
– Experience with gathering functional requirements.
– Ability to work with both technical and non-technical customers to identify and document specific business needs.
– Ability to multi-task.
– Effective communication and reporting skills required.
– Ability to generate and execute Oracle specific SQL operations.
– Experience with SQL-Plus and other data mining tools.
– Experience generating Software requirements from customers request.
– Experiences doing root-cause analysis of software data extraction and/or data entry issues.
– Experience with enforcing CMMI, ISO, and DIACAP standards.
– Experience in Software Quality Assurance and testing, developing test plans, working with Developers, analyzing software requirements for testable constraints.
– Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance with all documented processes
– Ability to generate and manage meetings (planning, organizing and leading team discussions)
– CMMI training a plus
– Agile Software development testing experience a plus
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.