This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- Directs citizens and traffic at street intersections to ensure safe crossing.
- Places caution signs at designated points before going on duty and removes signs at end of shift.
- Works with schools on safety patrol equipment and instructions.
- May assist Special Operations Division as requested with special events.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of children’s attitudes and behavior in the context of safety education.
- Knowledge of the City’s traffic and pedestrian laws, especially pertaining to school crossings and bicycles.
- Knowledge of traffic control devices.
- Ability to courteously, safely and efficiently control pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Ability to anticipate situations and take appropriate actions to maintain safety.
- Ability to follow written and verbal orders.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- High School diploma or GED; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.