This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- Prepares and serves residents therapeutically correct diets while following the established nutrition services menu and practicing the standards for safe food handling preparation.
- Prepares the dining room or tray line area for breakfast and lunch meal service completing the standard pre-meal chores.
- Completes resident food requests using correct portion control measures established in the Portion Control Standards Guide following food preparation records.
- Transports food and may serve residents following the established standards for food handling and meal service.
- Prepares each resident’s meal following established service standards honoring individual therapeutic and/or texture modified needs.
- Remains alert and responds to all residents’ needs and concerns.
- Provides meal census information to the manager completing the meal census report and assists in the maintenance of the quality assurance meal record log.
- Readies the dining room or tray line area for the next meal by completing the standard post-meal chores including the restocking of food, condiments and service ware as needed.
- Follows the department’s cleaning schedule; responsible for practicing the standard cleaning procedures.
- Maintains a tray card or menu on each resident that indicates name, diet and food preferences utilized for breakfast and lunch meal service.
- Communicates any equipment maintenance concerns detected to the nutrition service manager.
- Follows all safety standards communicating observed safety concerns to immediate supervisor.
- High school education
- Six months previous food / health service experience required.
Click here for more information or to apply for this job.