Location : 336 James Record Road Huntsville, AL
Other Pay : Based on Experience
Employee Type : Full-Time
Industry : Construction
Manages Others : No
Job Type : Accounting
Education : 4 Year Degree
Experience : At least 2 year(s)
Travel : Negligible
Relocation Covered : No
Post Date : 6/14/2012
Contact :Suzanne Fuda
Job Title: Accountant – BU Finance
Position Description: Leadall financial administration and fiscal management aspects of the Project. The Accountant will ensure that all team members, including Project Manager, Superintendent, and Engineer are following Turner Financial Policy and Procedures, and will communicate any potential profitability or risk to management.
Reports to: Financial Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Set-up, coordinate, and evaluate the financial administration, general conditions budgeting, and certain tax reporting for the project.
• Responsible for project assets with respect to insurance and tax requirements, including managing the process.
• Evaluate and manage Project cash position with respect to net assets, liabilities, and unfunded work in place.
• Communicate cash position risk issues, including those with respect to unapproved and unfunded change order work in place.
• Implement, and maintain internal control safeguards for the project.
• Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports for the project.
• Set up, lead, oversee and implement procedures to insure contractual requirements with respect to all financial aspects are followed by all project participants including preconstruction billings, non reimbursable projections and analysis’s, proper fee billings, and financial contingency reporting.
• Investigate and resolve financial issues on behalf of Turner. Coordinate and communicate with Owners/ Architects/ Vendors in connection with resolving financial disputes and with respect to accounts payable, and accounts receivable issues.
• Ensure project ledger is maintained in accordance with standards of GAAP.
• Analyze and maintain project accounting records.
• Oversee and coordinate monthly billing process to owner.
• Manage approval process and compliance of subcontractor billings.
• Advise on various accounts analysis and reconciliation.
• Manage project closeout process with integrated project management team and make decisions relating to changes and back-charges in the close-out.
• Manage the A/P and A/R functions.
• Set up processes to manage employee expense reports, petty cash accounts, and miscellaneous general expense.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: BS in Accounting or related field plus a minimum of two years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Exercises independent judgment and discretion. Ability to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution. Operates with minimal direction and little or no supervison. Ability to perform cost analysis and be organized for maximum efficiency. Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site or office where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Click here to apply.
WHNT News 19 posts jobs, but we do not check with companies to see when these are closed. Please check with the company before you apply to find out if listing is still valid.