HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – News 19 is thrilled to partner up with the Food Bank of North Alabama once again for The Great Diaper Drive!
In 2022, viewers in the Tennessee Valley showed up! The Food Bank received more than 130,000 donations of diapers and wipes following last year’s Diaper Drive.
On average, a baby will use 240 diapers in one month.
For those who do not know, the Food Bank of North Alabama’s Diaper Bank distributes its collection of diapers and wipes through agencies across 11 counties that the Food Bank serves. Diapers are the most requested non-food item from the Food Bank.
1 in 2 families nationwide struggles to afford diapers, according to the Diaper Bank. Inflation has the cost of many items increasing, meaning families around the country are forced to make tough financial decisions. That’s why this year, it is even more important to support families in need.
You have the power to make sure diapers are one item families are never forced to go without.
The Food Bank is accepting financial donations and area Walmart stores are also housing a number of donation bins to take diaper donations starting Thursday, October 26. The boxes do not even have to be unopened. The Food Bank accepts opened boxes as well, so for parents whose children have recently grown out of a size, take those leftovers to the Food Bank.
Walmart doesn’t have to be the only place with donation bins. You have the power to get your company involved. Set up a box in a high-traffic area and collect donations over the next few weeks.
On November 9, the News 19 team will be at the Walmart on Madison Boulevard ready to accept any and all diaper, wipe and monetary donations for our Blitz Day!
Below is a list of all the Walmart stores serving as drop-off points for the Great Diaper Drive. Next time you’re shopping, grab a pack of diapers and drop them in the bins on your way out! Those diapers go straight to babies in the Tennessee Valley. The Food Bank accepts adult diapers too, because volunteers know there are people of all ages who need that support.
Walmart Locations with Diaper Bins
- 24833 John T. Reid Pkwy., Scottsboro 35768-2342
- 1972 Hwy 431, Boaz 35957-5901
- 1450 No. Brindlee Mt., Arab 35016-5431
- 1224 Huntsville Hwy, Fayetteville, TN 37334
- 6140a University Dr., Huntsville 35806-1710
- 3031 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville 35801-5304
- 2200 Sparkman Dr. NW, Huntsville 35810-3820
- 2165 Winchester Rd., Huntsville 35811
- 4226 Oakwood Ave. NW, Huntsville 35810
- 11610 Memorial Pkwy. SW, Huntsville 35803-2152
- 330 Sutton Rd., Huntsville, 35763-9164
- 8650 Madison Blvd., Madison 35758-1803
- 8580 Hwy 72 W., Madison 35758-0000
- 1011 US Highway 72 E., Athens 35611-4319
- 15445 AL-24, Moulton 35650
- 2800 Spring Ave. SW, Decatur 35603-1218
- 1203 6th Ave SE, Decatur 35601
- 1201 Highway 31 Nw Hartselle 35640-4420
- 13675 Highway 43, Russellville 35653-2831
- 517 Avalon Ave., Muscle Shoals 35661-2811
- 3100 Hough Rd., Florence 35630
- 2701 Cloverdale Rd., Florence 35633-0000
Any questions about the Diaper Drive? Reach out to News 19’s digital team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.