MADISON COUNTY, Ala. – Tomato sandwiches are a summer staple in the South. You start with two slices of tasty bread, top it with your favorite brand of mayo, add some freshly sliced heirloom tomatoes, and you’ve got yourself a tomato sandwich.
Local farmer’s markets usually hold annual tomato festivals to share with the community, but those gatherings were canceled last year.
This year several local markets have already shared plans for Tomato Sandwich Days with the community. Local farmers will donate fresh tomatoes to make free tomato sandwiches for the public.
Tomato Sandwich Days
- The Madison County Farmer’s Market
- Located at 1022 Cook Ave NW, Huntsville
- Saturday, July 10 from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Athens Saturday Market
- Located at 409 W Green St, Athens
- Saturday July 17
- The Colbert County Extension Office
- Serving on the Colbert County Courthouse lawn on N Main Street in Tuscumbia.
- Friday, July 30 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- The Morgan County/Decatur Farmer’s Market
- Located at 211 1st Ave SE, Decatur
- Saturday, August 7
If you know of other Tomato Sandwich Day events, email WHNTinteractive@nexstar.tv