Foster child Crystal “Just waiting on some miracle”

Kids To Love
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

Crystal is sweet, soft spoken, and sees foster care as a chance to start over again.

“I keep my faith ahead of me, If I didn’t have faith, I’d be like not a good person, wouldn’t know what to do, I wouldn’t know what right path to take.” Crystal said.

Crystal was floating for what seemed like forever, waiting to be rescued.

“Not being able to speak sooner, because foster care is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me,” Crystal said.

Finding her voice helped her find her freedom.  Crystal has been in foster care since December 2011.

Now 17, Crystal knows the clock is ticking.

“I want a forever family because growing up I didn’t have that stability family type figure, so being now that I get a chance to find a family, I wanna take that chance. I want a family that will love me for who I am and for who I’m gonna become,” Crystal said.

Crystal knows at her age, in foster care, there’s only one way out.

“Just waiting on some miracle, but it’s taking time so I’m being patient. I like to sing, my favorite song is Oceans by Artist United. I like singing that one.” Crystal said.

Crystal wants to be a youth pastor and a counselor for foster kids.  She will have amazing insight.

Would you like to learn more about Crystal? Click here. 

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Christmas trees filled with ornaments with wishes of local foster children are up and ready for you to pick up to help us fill the wish lists of more than 1,000 local foster children this holiday season. You can also sign up to fill a wish list. Click here for more information.

Trending Stories