Study dubs DeSoto State Park most underrated park in Alabama
DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. – One north Alabama State Park is gaining some well-deserved recognition.
DeSoto State Park, located on Lookout Mountain, is covered with over 3,000 acres of rushing rivers, beautiful waterfalls, breathtaking mountains, and enchanting forests. According to a study by CashNetUSA, DeSoto was deemed one of the ‘most underrated state parks in America’.
The study reviewed the biggest vacation sites to chose the park with the best facilities, the most unique environments, and the highest ratings.
DeSoto State Park is home to 25 miles of hiking/biking trails, rustic cabins, camping sites, rappelling, mountain chalets, fishing spots, and wildlife. The park occupies a former Cherokee homeland and has won a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for five years in a row.
DeSoto is also home to the famous, Little River Canyon.
Other state parks deemed underrated ranked per state:
2. Alaska: Kachemak Bay State Park
3. Arizona: Buckskin Mountain State Park
4. Arkansas: Lake Ouachita State Park
5. California: Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
6. Colorado: Mueller State Park
47. Washington: Moran State Park
48. West Virginia: Babcock State Park
49. Wisconsin: Kohler-Andrae State Park
50. Wyoming: Curt Gowdy State Park
To read the complete list, click here.