School Delays across the Tennessee Valley

Fire crews put out kitchen fire at nursing home in Madison

Madison Manor

MADISON, Ala. – A small fire broke out in the kitchen at Madison Manor nursing home Tuesday night.

Madison Fire and Rescue officials say that the nursing staff and the home’s sprinkler system played a big part in keeping the fire from spreading before firefighters could arrive.

None of the 72 residents of the home were displaced or injured.

HEMSI emergency crews treated one woman who is not a resident at the scene.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.