Taqueria El Paisa
1707 Central Pkwy SW M, Decatur, AL 35601
- Food at improper temperatures
- The reach-in cooler temperature was at 55ºF and raw chicken was at 55ºF .
- Chicken was cooling under the table at 70ºF degrees after the time control limit.
751 Hwy 72 E, Huntsville, AL 35811
- Food at improper temperatures.
- Shell eggs at 58ºF, Tilapia 48ºF, Ranch 44ºF, Tartar sauce 45ºF.
- The items were discarded during the inspection.
Clean Plate Winner:
401 14th St SE # 4D, Decatur, AL 35601
Walking into Mel's Sweet Treats on 14th St. SE in Decatur is like being a kid in a cookie store.
Baskets hang on the wall ready to grab and fill up with any of the baked goods people can get their hands on.
For 15 years, Melissa Cook has been making cookies, candied apples, chocolate covered Oreos and more for happy customers -- no matter the age.
There is even a cookie decorating station with icing sprinkles and other fun toppings.
But it's not all sugar. Sandwiches and wraps are available too -- like chicken salad sandwiches on a croissant or a buffalo chicken wrap.
They're busy in the kitchen feeding loyal customers who tell us this is one of their favorite spots.