Waterloo gas station catches fire

WATERLOO, Ala. - The only gas station in Waterloo town limits caught fire early Thursday morning.

Waterloo Fire and Central Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire around 10:30 a.m.

The Waterloo Fire Chief tells WHNT News 19 the blaze started as a grease fire and that the fire was contained to the kitchen area.

Crews on the scene said there was a good bit of smoke and water damage to the inside and store owners are unsure when they can re-open.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.