Free taxi and tow service to prevent drinking and driving on New Year’s Eve
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – On New Year’s Eve from 8 p.m. until early in the morning of New Year’s Day, drivers who may have had one too many, will have a safe ride home via a tow truck.
For the fifth year, you can get safely home for free using the Morris, King & Hodge P.C. Driver Safety Taxi & Tow Service.
As part of the “tow-truck taxi,” the tow company puts your car on the back of the tow truck while you and one additional passenger can ride in the front and arrive home safely.
- Taxi and tow rides can only start and end within the Huntsville Metropolitan Area.
- Rides are made available to those who might otherwise attempt to drive home after drinking.
- You will only be taken home, not to another event location.
To get your tow-truck taxi
- Call Barry’s Towing at (256) 851-9778 and tell the dispatcher that you would like the Morris, King & Hodge Driver Safety Taxi & Tow Service.
- Schedule your taxi and tow ride home.
- Arrive home safe.
The hope behind this program is “that by making free taxi and tow rides available, we will reduce the chances of a drunk or impaired driver causing an accident on New Year’s Eve,” according to their website.