Huntsville apartment fire ruled an accident

Image via Justin Reeder

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – The fire at the Colonial Grand Apartment complex has been ruled an accident. The Huntsville Fire Marshal’s office says a cooking accident started the Wednesday afternoon fire.

Captain Frank McKenzie confirms that 8 units were destroyed. Half of the units are ok, but firefighters cut the electricity to the entire building.

Emergency crews transported two people to Huntsville Hospital.

Huntsville Fire & Rescue wants to remind you that cooking fires are the number one cause of house fires in Huntsville City and they can all be prevented.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.