Below you will find the violations along with the health inspector's notes and response from spokespeople from the restaurants. All critical violations were resolved in under a week.
Moe's Original Bar-B-Que
445 Providence M Huntsville, AL 35806
- 'Wire baskets frayed. COS (corrected on site). Mgr(manager) removed.'
- 'Establishment using dish machine with no concentration of sanitizer. COS. Mgr repaired the machine.'
- Note: The manager said the machine was not broken as the word 'repaired' may indicate.
- 'Ice machine dirty.'
- 'Follow up. Ice machine was cleaned.'
- 'Fish 51F, chicken 54F-68F, Cheese 46F, broccoli salad 49F.'
- 'Follow up. Chicken relocated to WIC (walk-in-cooler) - 40F, Fish 41F, Mixed broccoli 40F, Chicken 40F.'
The manager who says they now have a new cooler and he assured WHNT News 19 they prepare their food fresh every day.
Fuji Japanese Cuisine
2246 Winchester Rd. Huntsville, AL 35811
- 'Raw shrimp at 72F, all items in two coolers 44F- 48F.'
- Follow Up: 'Shrimp 40F.'
- 'Dates not labeled on sushi fish, log not kept January - May'
- Follow-up. Timed sushi log for the rice kept as of 6/15/18.
- 'Several dirty knives and plates'
- 'Follow-up. No dirty dishes in storage.'
The owner/manager says the shrimp was about to be cooked and was only out for a few minutes. He says his fish is always fresh and changes out his sushi rice every four hours. He added he has never had a temperature problem before and says the silverware was not dirty, just old.
Hardee's # 5658
11909 Hwy 231/43 N Meridianville, AL 35759
- 'Chicken patties being held at 94F.'
- The required temperature is 135F according to the health department*
- 'Follow-up. Chicken patty 147F.'
- 'Grease was found dripping from the barrel onto the ground.'
- 'Follow-up. Grease was cleaned by management.'
Clean Plate Winner:
105 Marion St Russellville, AL 35653