Schools across the Valley are closing or delaying classes for Thursday, January 18, due to possible winter weather hazards.
We will update this list as more school systems and businesses notify us of schedule changes.
- Athens City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Buildings will be open for students to enter when they arrive and a hot breakfast and lunch will be served.
- Albertville City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Arab City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Boaz City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Cullman County Schools – 2-hour delay
- Decatur City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Decatur Heritage Christian Academy
- K-6 will start at 10 a.m.
- 7-12 will start at 9:45 a.m.
- DeKalb County Schools – 2-hour delay
- Drake State Community and Technical College – Opens at 10 a.m.
- Guntersville City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Hartselle City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Huntsville City Schools – 1-hour delay
- All elementary, middle, P-8, and junior high classes will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- All high school classes will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Buses will run on a one-hour delayed schedule, and breakfast will be available.
- Jackson County Schools – 2-hour delay
- Madison City Schools – 2-hour delay
- Pre-K start time – 9:55.
- Elementary start time – 9:40.
- Middle school start time – 10:05.
- High school start time – 10:15.
- Madison County Schools – 2-hour delay
- Northwest-Shoals Community College (Shoals campus) – Delay opening until 11 a.m.
- Valley Fellowship Christian Academy – 1-hour delay
- Colbert County Schools
- Fayetteville, TN City Schools
- Florence City Schools
- Franklin County, AL Schools
- Franklin County, TN Schools
- Giles County, TN Schools
- Lauderdale County Schools
- Lawrence County, AL Schools
- Lawrence County, TN Schools
- Legacy Christian Academy
- Limestone County Schools
- Lincoln County, TN Schools
- Mars Hill Bible School
- Marshall County Schools – NOW CLOSED – This change is due to “facilities issues.” All after school activities will continue.
- Morgan County Schools
- After school activities from 3:30pm will take place “with caution.”
- Muscle Shoals City Schools
- Northwest-Shoals Community College (Phil Campbell campus)
- Riverhill School
- Riverside Christian Academy
- Russellville City Schools
- Sheffield City Schools
- Shoals Christian School
- St. Joseph Regional Catholic School
- Tuscumbia City Schools
- Madison County DHR – Opens at noon
- Marshall Space Flight Center – Opens at 10 a.m.
Be sure to read the WHNT News 19 Closings Policy to see if your school or business qualifies to be added to the list.