School systems across the Valley are delaying or canceling classes due to possible winter weather hazards.
We will update this list as more school systems and businesses notify us of schedule changes.
- Arab City Schools – dismissing at 1 p.m.
- Albertville City Schools – dismissing at 1 p.m.
- Boaz City Schools – dismissing at 1 p.m.
- Decatur City Schools –Elementary dismissed at 11:15 a.m., Secondary dismissed at 12 p.m.
- Guntersville City Schools – dismissing at 1 p.m.
- Marshall County Schools – dismissed at 11 a.m.
- Snead State Community College – closing at 1 p.m.
Business and Services Closings
- Decatur Social Security Office will be closed
- Florence Social Security Office will be closed
- Lauderdale County Courthouse and all County Offices will be closed
- Lauderdale County DHR will be closed
- Limestone County Courthouse and all County Offices will be closed
- Madison Assisted Ride Service will not operate
- Madison City Hall will be closed
- Madison County TRAM (Transportation for Rural Areas of Madison County) will not be running.
- Please call (256)532-3792 to reschedule your ride.
- Madison County Courthouse and all County Offices will be closed
- All County road crews, utility crews and maintenance staff should check in with supervisors for assignments as needed to respond to this weather situation.
- Marshall County Courthouses will be closing at 2 p.m.
- Marshall Space Flight Center has implemented its liberal leave for Jan. 12.
- Unscheduled telework does not apply. Check with supervisors regarding your status.
- Redstone Arsenal will close at noon on Jan. 12.
- Gate 8 & 9 will remain open 24/7 for emergency traffic and Redstone Arsenal residents only. All other gates will be closed.
- Designated Key and Essential personnel should consult with supervisors about duty status.
- Fox Army Health Center, the Child Development Centers, the Exchange and Commissary, all post vendors as well as Family Morale, Welfare, and Recreation activities will close at noon.
- Redstone Arsenal contractors should follow the guidance stated in contracts regarding closures
- Remington Outdoor Company Huntsville Operations – closing at 12 p.m.
- U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center has implemented its liberal leave and ad hoc telework policies for Jan. 12.
- Employees must coordinate requests for leave or telework through their supervisors.
Be sure to read the WHNT News 19 Closings Policy to see if your school or business qualifies to be added to the list.