Early morning house fire in Huntsville displaces a homeowner and her pet

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - A homeowner in Huntsville has to find a new place for her and her dog stay, at least temporarily. Her house, in the 1100 block of Rison Avenue, caught fire around 1:30 this morning.

Firefighters found smoke coming from the home when they got there.

The woman got out of the home on her own, but firefighters had to go inside to save her dog.

It only took crews around 10 minutes to put out the flames.

There's fire damage in one room, and smoke damage throughout the home.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.