LIVE BLOG: Tennessee Valley impacted by flash flooding, damaging winds Friday
A round of heavy rain and thunderstorms pushed through the Tennessee Valley Friday, dumping very heavy rain in northwestern Alabama as well as downing numerous trees and powerlines.
Below are a few notable storm reports:
- Rogersville (Lauderdale County): Tree down across road, county road 70 (south of US 72)
- Killen (Lauderdale County): Tree down on east bound US 72 in the vicinity of Brooks High School, blocking traffic
- Muscle Shoals (Colbert County): Tree down on NE Markate Ave & River Road
- Tanner: (Limestone County): Large tree across Stewart Road, north of Nuclear Plant Road
- Muscle Shoals (Colbert County): Vehicle submerged in a drainage ditch at Southgate Mall on Avalon Ave
If you have a photo or video of the weather, please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with information on the location of your footage.