Family credits dogs for alerting them to RV fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - A family and their home are safe this morning thanks to their dogs and quick actions from Huntsville Firefighters.

It happened in the 2200 block of Evans Avenue around 2:30 Friday morning.

Homeowners say their dogs woke them up this morning. When they let the dogs in, they heard the horn of their RV going off and a popping noise. That's when they saw the vehicle, parked just feet from the home, on fire.

They immediately got their children up and got out of the house.

Oxygen tanks near the burning RV made the fire even more worrisome. The flames were so intense, they reached the power and cable lines above and damaged them.

Firefighters responded quickly, only taking about 20 minutes to get the fire out. The home was not damaged.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.