It’s been a busy, eventful year. As we wind down 2016 we want to take a look back at some of the stories that stand out in our minds.
On Christmas morning, WHNT News 19’s Steve Johnson & Michelle Stark will bring you a “Best of 2016” special. It airs from 7 to 8 a.m. We invite you to watch it with your family! These will be memorable stories we’ve aired through the year.
We have many things planned, but we also asked you to help us pick your favorite local story of the year. We gave you five to choose from, and the story of the Crossville teen overcoming his paralysis to become a champion athlete collected the most votes.
These were our five finalists.
- Touch ‘Em All: East Limestone baseball player’s emotional tribute to grandmother
- Crossville teen paralyzed in four-wheeler accident breaks state, national track and field records
- Community gathers to remember and reflect on 9/11 through Honor Walk at U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Boy finds charm bracelet at Huntsville park, returns it to rightful owner
- 86-year-old DeKalb County woman loves running 5K races
Here’s a look at the voting:
WHNT’s Best of 2016 special is scheduled to re-air on December 31st at 4 p.m.