Warriors to the Workforce job fair scheduled for Wednesday, part of the SMD Conference
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Veterans and military spouses who are looking for a job have an opportunity to interview with companies across the Tennessee Valley this Wednesday. There’s a Warriors to the Workforce job fair at the Space and Missile Defense Symposium.
The event is scheduled for Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the VBC East Hall.
In addition to the hiring event, Warriors To The Workforce will include Workshops featuring some of the top speakers in the country. Workshops will provide resources and information for veterans, transitioning military service members and military spouses to help them better transition to civilian life.
Presentations will include subjects such as mental readiness, confidence building, networking and presentation skills, resume writing, interviewing techniques, job searching, career planning through goal setting, translating military skills and training into civilian life and corporate experience, among others.
The following companies have committed to participating in the job fair:
- Edward Jones
- Intuitive Research and Technology
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Avion Solutions, Inc.
- UAB Staff Employment
- Window World of Huntsville
- Madison County Vets Center
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service
- Yulista Aviation, Inc.
- Airstreams Renewables
- Still Serving Veterans
- S3, Inc.
- Columbia Southern Education Group
- AAL-USA, Inc.
- Huntsville Career Center
- H & R Block
- Heavy Equipment College of Georgia
- Calhoun Community College
- AMC “Always A Soldier” Program
- Kaplan University
- First Command Financial Services
- Lincoln Heritage Insurance Co
- ITT Technical Institute
- Logicore Corporation
- Army Corps of Engineers
- ISSI UXO and Consulting LLC
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Ctr
- Army Contracting Command
Information veterans need to know:
- Veterans admission is free;
- Be prepared to meet employers;
- Dress for success;
- Bring enough resumes (Both private and government);
- Arrive early as registration may take some time and we want you to be ready to go at 0900;
- Peruse websites for housing, parking, directions, etc.;
- Peruse websites of participating companies to get an idea of job availability and descriptions.
Online registration for the event has ended. However, you can still register for the event Wednesday when you arrive.