HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Tech companies from all over have converged on the Von Braun Center. They’re all hoping to gain military contracts by showing off some of their newest technologies.
More than 100 companies have display booths open for the viewing. Many of which have items on display for hands-on interaction.
The fun begins before you even walk into the display hall.
Companies and schools alike are participating.
The display area is open and free to the general public, as long as they register for the event. However, there are presentations and discussions that are only open to paying participants.
The symposium website identifies the SMD Symposium as “the leading educational, professional development and networking event in the space and missile defense community. The symposium is widely attended by leaders and professionals from the United States and our allies around the world. It is the ideal forum for conducting business face-to-face. Participants can also earn continuing education credits.”
Key features of this year’s symposium included the following:
- Hypersonic/ Additive Manufacturing Technology Track
- STEM Education Forum and Expo
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Program
- Wednesday evening dinner featuring an Industry Leader
- Presentations from Senior Level National and International Leaders
- Congressional and Technology Panels
- Exhibit Hall featuring Technology and Product Demonstrations
- Small Business Expo