HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - It`s the fifth year for Huntsville Restaurant Week, a county-wide event that promotes locally owned and operated restaurants by encouraging patrons to explore the diverse dining scene of Madison County, and providing unique culinary events for both residents and visitors alike to enjoy.
Over 50 local eateries are participating with special deals, making this one of the largest Huntsville Restaurant Weeks to date. Huntsville Restaurant Week is a part of the larger, statewide Alabama Restaurant Week which aims to promote the state of Alabama`s unique culinary offerings by encouraging residents and visitors to get out and try local cuisine.
The theme of Huntsville Restaurant Week is 'ten tasty days of deals,' referencing the specially-priced menu options provided by participating restaurants as part of the event. Lunch specials include fixed-price selections at $5, $10 or $15 featuring two courses. Dinner specials include selections at $10, $20 or $30 with three courses. Restaurants may choose to offer any combination of the above specials. Exclusive to Huntsville Restaurant Week, a `Bonus Bites` category is also featured to include those establishments that don`t offer a traditional lunch or dinner but do offer breakfast, desserts, appetizers or small bites exclusively. For a list of participating restaurants and their specials, visit huntsville.org/restaurantweek or AlabamaRestaurantWeek.com.
This year, Pinhook Provisions Street Food Park will take part in Huntsville Restaurant Week, adding a unique twist outside of the traditional brick-and-mortar dining venues. Six local food trucks, including Hot Box, Honeypie Bakery, Neon Lilly, Pig Time BBQ, The Piled High Grill, and Southerland`s Sno Depot, will offer a wide variety of options that diners can experience either at the park or on the go.
Several Madison restaurants are participating again this year, including LawLer`s BBQ, Taziki`s, and two newcomers - Old Black Bear Brewing Company and Picasso`s Grill.
Other exciting additions to Huntsville`s dining and beverage community this year include the recent opening of Straight to Ale at Campus No. 805 and the upcoming Redstone Gateway Conference & Dining Center, a mixed-use dining and event facility that will open this fall just outside of Redstone Arsenal`s Gate 9.
There are 14 Official Huntsville Restaurant Week Events
- August 6, 13, & 20 – Downtown Dish Food Tour
- August 6 – Cove Market at The Marketplace Café
- August 8 – Rocket Chef Competition – Huntsville Restaurant Week Kick Off!
- August 10 – Homegrown Huntsville’s Dine & Dash
- August 11 & 18 – U.S. Space & Rocket Center’s Biergarten
- August 12-21 – Huntsville Restaurant Week Social Media Contest
- August 13 – Cyn Shea’s and Church Street Wine Shoppe’s Dinner with Your Dog
- August 15 – Cyn Shea’s Southern Summer Suppers
- August 16 – Brickhouse’s 4-Course Tequila Dinner Tour Through Jalisco
- August 17 – Alabama Restaurant & Hospitality Alliance Bar Stars Competition at the Westin
- August 19 – Downtown Huntsville Inc.’s Street Food Gathering
- August 19 – Cyn Shea’s Dinner & a Movie
- August 20 – Cyn Shea’s and Church Street Wine Shoppe’s Alfresco Dinner on the Patio
- August 21 – Nick’s Ristorante’s Whiskey, Wine and Cigar Lunch
#DineHsv and WIN! August 12-21
The Huntsville/Madison County CVB will be hosting 10 days of giveaways. Simply tweet or post to social media using the official Restaurant Week hashtag #DineHsv and tell your favorite part of Huntsville Restaurant Week, what dish you most want to try, etc. One winner will be chosen each day of Restaurant Week to win a gift certificate to participating restaurants.