American Red Cross launches summer awareness campaign
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – The American Red Cross is launching its annual summer awareness campaign.
Every summer, blood donations drop as fewer donors make appointments to give. At the same time, the need for blood typically increases.
To encourage donations around the Memorial Day holiday, donors who stop by from May 27-31 will receive a Red Cross T-shirt and other incentives. Special blood drives are also planned around the Fourth of July and Labor Day.
The Madison County Blood Collection Center is located at 1101 Washington Street in Huntsville. Here’s a list of upcoming donation opportunities:
- Thursday, May 26: 7:30am-3pm
- Friday, May 27: 7:30am-3pm
- Saturday, May 28: 7:30am-3pm
- Monday, March 30: 7am-2pm
- Thursday, June 2: 7:30am-3pm
- Friday, June 3: 7:30am-3pm
- Saturday, June 4: 7:30am-3pm
- Monday, June 6: 12pm-6pm
- Thursday, June 9: 7:30am-3pm
- Friday, June 10: 7:30am-3pm
You can also always find the most convenient location to you by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Another option is the American Red Cross Blood Donor app that lets you make appointments, track donations and earn rewards.