3 injured in gas explosion at Hartselle home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HARTSELLE, Ala. – Three people were injured in a gas explosion at a home in Hartselle Wednesday afternoon.

The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office said shortly before 3:30 p.m., the homeowner attempted to light the gas wall heater when it exploded.

Three people were in the home at the time o f the explosion.

Two people were flown to UAB Hospital in Birmingham. The other was taken to Decatur Morgan Hospital.

There’s no word yet on the conditions of the victims in this explosion.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.